The Argyle Sun was started in 1986 by Sun Newspapers following the closing of another newspaper in Argyle called The Argyle News. The Argyle Sun started an online community portal in the late 1990s in the early days of the Internet. The site contained information about the city, school and community, even before most entities had a Web site.
The Argyle Sun was discontinued by new owners in 2003.
In 2008, the original Sun Newspapers re-acquired The Lake Cities Sun and in February 2009 restarted The Argyle Sun as a hybrid, print/online weekly publication. The Argyle Sun is published weekly online and the first edition of each month is also printed. Itís the first newspaper of its type to use this format.
The Argyle Sun is individually operated with offices in a 1908 former general store thatís been completely renovated for our use. The office is located in the Lake Dallas Downtown District. View Website